Guess what? There’s good news. You can have your wedding any way you want!
This day is for you and your fiancé and the celebration of the love you have for each other. Don’t let anything in the past put a damper on the excitement of this new and wonderful relationship you share, or get in the way of having the celebration you really want.
With the minor exception of two things - a veil and orange blossoms, which both symbolize virginity - there is nothing you cannot have at your wedding. (And if you decide to have a veil or orange blossoms, the "wedding police" isn't going to swoop down and stop you).
Think about your previous wedding for a moment, and consider the following:
- Do you want to do everything in a new way?
- Did you feel overwhelmed by the size of your last ceremony?
- Did the style of your first wedding reflect your tastes, regardless of its outcome?
- Do you want to find a special role for your children?
- Are you still close to your in-laws, ex-spouse?
- Would you feel more comfortable with a civil ceremony?
Don’t concern yourself with any party-poopers who are wondering why in the world you’re planning a wedding anyway. The love and commitment you and your fiancé have for each other deserves celebrating. Why not shout it from the roof tops with a dream wedding?
And if they don’t get it, then that’s their problem, not yours. And, most of all, have fun.